In this article, we will look at the salary of a pediatric Nurse in Nigeria. If you consider studying pediatric nursing, you might want to first know how much pediatric nurses earn in a month before making a decision.
The role of pediatric nurses can never be overemphasize. pediatric nurses are vital in the society because of the care they render to children. If you are a nurse and you love children no matter how annoying they may be then you may want to consider specializing as a pediatric nurse.
Who is a Pediatric Nurse?
A pediatric Nurse is a trained nursing professional that assess, plan and provide nursing care for infants, children, and adolescents who are suffering from a wide variety of conditions, which may be diseases, illnesses, cancer or who are recovering from surgery.
Pediatric nurses work as part of a multidisciplinary team of professional and medical staff that includes doctors, health visitors, social workers, therapists and play workers. Some pediatric nurses work within the community, supporting families that are caring for sick children at home.
How to become a Pediatric Nurse in Nigeria?
For you to become a Pediatric Nurse in Nigeria, you need to first become a registered Nurse in Nigeria. You can read our article on how to become a Registered Nurse in Nigeria. After becoming a registered Nurse, you will have to go f0r one year post-basic training or do your masters in Pediatric Nursing in order to get a license to practice pediatric Nursing
What are the Functions of Pediatric Nurses?
The following are some of the responsibilities of Pediatric nurses;
- Assess the needs of the child
- To assess and document the vital signs of a child
- To assess, maintain and promote the health status of the child
- To prevent childhood diseases and their complications
- Child advocacy
- Pain management of children
- They are involve in planning the treatment of care for the child
- They evaluate the child’s response to the treatment
- Administration of medications
- Vaccination of children
- To provide supportive care
What are the requirements to be a Pediatric Nurse?
- A bachelor’s or associate’s degree in Nursing
- Certificate as a registered Nurse for Pediatric care
- Ability to relate with children
- Good communication skills
- Emotional and mental strength
What is the Salary of a Pediatric Nurse in Nigeria?
The salary of a pediatric nurse in Nigeria depends on your work experience and the kind of position you are in. Positions such as CNO (Chief Nursing Officer), ADNS (Assistant Director of Nursing Service), DNS (Director of Nursing Service), etc. However the average monthly salary of a Pediatric nurse in Nigeria is N90,000.
Conclusion on the salary of a pediatric nurse in Nigeria
Becoming a pediatric nurse is not as easy as you think. You need to first obtain your RN (registered Nurse) license before you can start thinking of specializing for pediatric care.The salary of a pediatric nurse is base on your years of experience and the kind of position you find yourself.
- What is the Salary of a Registered Nurse in Nigeria
- What is the Salary of a Midwife in Nigeria
- What is the Salary of Nigerian Army
- What are the High Paying Jobs for Dropouts
- Salary of Nigerian Navy officer
- Orthopedic Nurse Salary in Nigeria