I want to talk about how to open a PayPal account in Ghana. A verified PayPal account that can send and receive payment right here in Ghana.
The news of PayPal account in Ghana is far worst than that of Nigeria. In Nigeria, an individual can open a PayPal account. However, he/she can only use the PayPal to make payment online but can not use it to receive payment. Unfortunately, in Ghana, opening PayPal account is banned.
Since opening PayPal account is banned in Ghana, how can I use PayPal account?
For you to use a PayPal account in Ghana, you have to open another country’s PayPal account. I will recommend you opening that of Lesotho or US.
Why was opening Ghana Paypal account banned?
In July 2014, PayPal blacklisted Ghana and some other countries in Africa as a result of increase in the number of credit card fraud. Nigeria was included among the countries, however the ban level in Nigeria was reduced. Currently, Nigerians can only make payment but they can not receive payment with their paypal account.
For you to use Paypal account that that send and receive payment, I will recommend you creating a Lesotho Paypal account.
Why Should You Open a Lesotho PayPal account in Ghana?
It gives you the ability to recover your account back with the necessary required documents. US PayPal accounts are cool, but then the risks of losing your funds are high that a single mistake can evoke the PayPal hammer.
Moreover, some internet marketers won’t tell you the bad about using a US PayPal account in Ghana, and they want to make their money a let you suffer the rest.
You’re desperately in need of a PayPal account that could do almost anything. But your attention has been deviated to see only the right side of using such PayPal in Ghana.
Is it Secure to Open a Lesotho PayPal Account in Ghana?
Is Lesotho PayPal’s account secure? Yes, it is
Can a Ghanaian have a PayPal account?
Can a Ghanaian have a PayPal account? Yes, Ghanaians can open and have a PayPal account. But they will have to open another country’s PayPal account. That is why in this post we are going to look at the full guide in opening a PayPal account in Ghana
Is PayPal allowed in Ghana?
Ghana Paypal account is not allowed but Ghanaians can use PayPal account. However it will be that of another country’s.
Can a Ghanaian create a PayPal account?
Yes, a Ghanaian can create a PayPal account. However, they will have to open another country’s PayPal account. We do recommend Lesotho because of account safety.
Can You Use Lesotho PayPal Account for Drop-shipping?
Oh Yes, if you are planning to change the way you receive your payment. Lesotho PayPal is excellent since you can use your primary Ghanaian documents when creating the account and provide them when your account gets the hammer.
Can Bloggers, Affiliate Marketers Use Lesotho PayPal Account In Ghana?
Yes, if you are a blogger or internet marketer, you can open Lesotho PayPal Account in Ghana to send and receive funds quickly.
Requirements To open Lesotho PayPal Account In Ghana
If you are ready to open your Lesotho PayPal Account, I have listed the necessary information you need for this tutorial to be successful. The Requirements Includes:
- Name as it appears on your government ID
- An Email Address: it will be used as a means where affiliate merchants, clients, bloggers, or anybody using a PayPal account can send you money. As well, you need to log in.
- A Valid Government issued ID: It can be your National ID, International Passport, Driving License etc.
- Phone Number: Ghanaian phone Number (MTN and Vodafone are recommended because that is what i use but you can also use others)
- Your Address: Your Address must match the one on your Government-issued ID card.
If you have all the above requirements ready, you can proceed with creating your PayPal account.
As I have said, this guide is for creating a PayPal account in Ghana and I will be focusing on that of Lesotho PayPal account because that is what I use and I have been using.
Full Guide to Successfully Open and Verify a Lesotho PayPal Account In Ghana
Below is the step by step guide on how to open and verify your Lesotho PayPal account in Ghana in less than 10 minutes. Kindly follow the steps carefully.
1. Go to https://www.paypal.com/ls/webapps/mpp/merchant, or copy and paste this link in your browser. When you do that this is what the page you will see will look like below. So click on Signup
2. When on the page you need to choose business, because we are opening a business account and that is the account that has the full paypal feature we need. Then select business account on the next page as shown below and then click continue when that is done.
3. When that is done you will be taken to the next page where you are to provide your email as shown in the image below. It’s best if you open a fresh verified Gmail for this purpose. Enter your email there and click on continue. Please it’s advisable you use a Gmail account or a custom email if you have one, avoid yahoo mail at all cost. When you enter the email, click on next and you will be taken to the next page
4. On the next page you will be required to enter your personal information and your business information.. Don’t worry about the business info but make sure you are using your real name as it is on your document here. So in the email field, we enter the email we want to use to open the paypal account and then enter and reenter the desired password. On the business information area, where asked for legal names enter your original first name and last name there, for business name you can put any business name you want to use there, it doesn’t matter whether registered or not, in my case I just put a name I want.
5. Where asked for telephone number, click the drop down option from Lesotho and change it to Ghana which is +233 and the you enter your mobile number there. For the Postcode, enter 00233
6. And then you enter your residential address and the next is to select the currency you want the PayPal to use, in this case select USD and tick I AGEE AND CONTINUE and click Agree and Continue.
7. When you do this you will be taken to the next page which is the tell us about your business page where you will be required to tell them what type of business. Just select individual and then select anything as category and subcategory here and proceed you can omit the business url option and leave blank. And then click on continue
However, the business website URL is compulsory if you own an e-commerce site.
This next step is one of the most critical steps while creating the Lesotho PayPal account.
Anything you provide here will determine if your account can be reinstated when you get locked out or not. Therefore input every correct detail necessary as asked.
8. After clicking on continue, you will be taken to account holder information page where you are required to provide an identification document for verification. Put in Ghana as your nationality, select the document you wish to use and enter the corresponding details there, in my case I am using National ID so I will select that from the drop down and provide the ID number and my original date of birth as it is on the National ID. See image below
9. So next is to submit it by clicking submits as shown above. When you do that you will get to a page as shown below asking you to confirm your email address to activate your account and setup your payment.
Now, you can boost it, but you have to verify your email and add your card to start using the account.
10. The next thing is to link your card or bank account to your Paypal account in order to send fund from your bank account to your Paypal, so as vice versa.
Verifying Your PayPal Email Address
To verify your newly opened Lesotho PayPal account in Ghana, kindly check your email inbox and you will see an email from PayPal asking you to verify your account. Click the Confirm Email Address button. That’s it, your email is confirmed.
How To Verify Lesotho PayPal Account in Ghana
Do you have your card ready? Let’s get you verified in just a few minutes, shall we?
1. Login to your Lesotho PayPal account dashboard with your email address and password, and you will see an orange like a flag with text in front of it asking you to Link and Confirm your Debit or Credit card. Below it, click see details or go to https://www.paypal.com/businessprofile/mymoney
Once the page loads, choose to link a credit card.
2. Now, enter your MasterCard or Visa card number in the first column
3. Year of Expiration of the card in the third column, you can find it at the front area of your card below the numbers, e.g., 07/24
4. Enter the CVV code of your card into the fourth column is the last 3 digit codes found at the back of your card.
5. Proceed with the Lesotho PayPal verification by clicking on Link Card
6. Accept the next question, and your account will be debited with a least $1.95.
7. Wait for some few minutes for the alert to come up, You will notice the word CODE written as part of the statement, the numbers before the word are the code you need to provide to verify your account. The code should contain something like this *PP1232PP
8. Now copy ONLY the 4 digit number in the code and navigate to the card you added earlier.
9. Click on the “Confirm Card” label and verify that you own the card by entering the 4 digit number you copied earlier and click “Confirm.”
And you can start receiving money and sending out.
How To Protect Your PayPal Account from Getting Limited or Ban in Ghana.
Follow these rules, and the Days of your Lesotho PayPal account In Ghana shall be prolonged. Failure to adhere to the regulations, you are on your own. Know them like you know your times’ table.
1. Never Request Charge Back or Perform a foul Transaction that will require you to request a chargeback using your PayPal account.
Do this: Contact the person you mistakenly sent the wrong amount to and ask them to use the refund feature in PayPal to keep your money the way it is. It will help both of you to avoid unnecessary charges when.
2. Avoid logging in from private Tab or Just any device you find, dedicate either your PC or Smartphone to using PayPal whenever the need arises.
3. Never use VPN to log in; your Lesotho PayPal account does not need you to change your IP before you can access it. Instead, use the URL to log in anytime you want to do so https://www.paypal.com/signin?country.x=LS&locale.x=en_LS
4. When you have issue with your account you should call paypal on this number 1-402-935-2050 with the number you used when registering the paypal account and it will be resolved ASAP. Note that when calling them always make sure you have your unique one time passcode, you can get it here; https://www.paypal.com/ls/selfhelp/contact/call
5. You can use this link to link your card to your paypal; https://www.paypal.com/businessprofile/mymoney
6. Try as much as possible to let some balance be in your paypal account rather than withdrawing everything to the last penny, this help your account standing
7. Avoid using your paypal for dubious activity or illegal activity because you may lose your account and fund when you least expected.
8. You can link additional email up to 5 to your PayPal account by using this link https://www.paypal.com/businessprofile/settings/email
How to Fund your PayPal account in Ghana
Now that you have a verified PayPal account, it’s time to fund your account. There are many ways to fund your PayPal account in Ghana. However, we’ll just take a look at 2 ways to fund your PayPal account in Ghana.
1. Fund From Debit Card
This is the most popular and safest method of funding PayPal account in Ghana. All you need to do is to link your card as explained above. From there, you can conveniently fund your PayPal account.
2. Transfer from Friends
Another popular method of funding PayPal account is by asking your friends that also have a verified PayPal account to send you some funds. This isn’t a free transfer though. You’ll need to send them the Ghana cedis equivalent of how much you want to be sent to your PayPal account to your friend and they will send you the funds when you give them your PayPal email.
If your preferred currency is the US Dollar, you’ll have to send the equivalent in Ghana Cedis to your friend.
How to Withdraw Withdraw Money from your Verified PayPal Account in Ghana
To withdraw your money from your Verified PayPal account in Ghana, you’ll have to get the following.
- UBA AfriCard / First Atlantic Bank Prepaid Card / Access Bank Prepaid
- PayPal Account (Which we have already created by now)
I recommend you link these cards to your PayPal account. You can only withdraw your PayPal funds via these cards to your bank account in Ghana. Just one of this card is enough for this purpose.
- Visit the PayPal Dashboard by signing in – https://www.paypal.com/ls
- On the Dashboard, click on “Withdraw Funds”
- On the next screen, click on “From” and choose your PayPal Balance
- Then next, click on “To” and choose your linked Visa Card
- Enter the amount and click on “Continue”
- On the next screen, you will see a review of the transaction you are about to undertake. Click on “Transfer” to have the money sent instantly to your Card (see above).
According to PayPal, it takes about 3 to 7 business days for you to get the money. However, the transfer is mostly instant and you can check your balance using your App or ATM.
- How To Create A Verified Lesotho Paypal Account in Nigeria
- How to Open a Verified US Paypal Account
- How to Create a Verified India PayPal Account
- PayPal Proof Of Address Documents For Identity Verification
- How To Change Primary Email Address On PayPal Account