There are 2 modes of AdSense verification.
1. The ID verification and
2. The PIN (Personal Identity Number) verification
Once you have reached the verification threshold, Google AdSense will notify you that it is time for Identity verification. What that means is that, Google want to be sure of the person that will be using their services, where is the person from, the name of the person, the person’s address etc.
Before you do Identity verification, you need to make sure the address you are using in your AdSense account tally with the one you are going to send to Google.
You have 3 attempts to do identity verification, if you failed the third time and you don’t carry out the necessary steps – which is contacting Google AdSense support, you may end up losing your Adsense account.
Before I moved further, I have a friend that failed Identity verification thrice, he decided to close his Google payments profile, afterwards, he contacted AdSense support, his account was restored but unfortunately he lost his earnings, that was the price and he was ready to pay for it.
Let me not bore you with my friend story.
For Identity verification, the following document are supported.
1. International Passport
2. National ID Card (I mean the plastic ID card)
3. Driver’s License
Once you have one of those document. The next thing to do is to capture it, the photo should be readable, in focus, free of reflection and glare.
Note that if the picture is partially or totally obstructed or the photo is dark or blurry, it may not be accepted.
Once you have done these, follow the steps below to proceed with the AdSense Identity verification
1. Sign in to your AdSense account
2. Click on the action or verify as the case may be as shown below.
or click on the menu and select payment
3. You will see the verification card, click on verify
4. A pop will be displayed, click on upload, and upload your document, once you are done uploading, click on submit
5. If your identity verification is successful, you will be notified by Google AdSense team via mail and if it is not, you will also receive a mail regarding that, just make corrections and repeat the steps again.
However, ensure that the address on your AdSense account tally with the one in the document you are submitting, to change your address,
1. Click on the menu bar
2. Click on payment
3. You will see the setting card, click on manage settings
4. You will see the payment profile card, on the payment profile card, you will see name and address, click on the pencil like icon beside name and address and do the necessary changes you want to do.
5. Once you are done, click on save or submit as the case may be.
If your Identity verification is successful, you will proceed to the second stage of verification which is PIN verification, Google AdSense will mail a PIN (Personal Identification Number) containing 6 digits code to the address you entered. The pin should get to your address between 2 to 4 weeks, sometimes it may take longer, once you get your pin and insert it in the verification card, then your AdSense account is fully verified. You can start cashing out and start partying.
But there are some cases where by individuals fail to receive their pin which may be as a result of poor postal service or it may be as a result of you staying in a remote area, don’t worry, there is a solution to that. You can read my article on how to Verify your AdSense account with and without the use of PIN.
If you have any queries or feedback, you can leave your comments below and don’t forget to share this article to your friends and those who needs it.