Getting Google AdSense approval on a blog is now very difficult even though Google AdSense is one of the best monetisation ad networks. There are so many ad networks a blogger can use to monetise his or her blogs.
I will be talking about Adsterra which is one of the best alternatives for Google AdSense. If you are planning to make money from your blog with ease then read through my review on Adsterra ad network. In this article I will also explain to you how you can make money on your blog with Adsterra ad network.
What is Adsterra
Adsterra is an advertising network which was founded in 2013 by professional affiliate marketers and webmasters with 20+ years of experience.
From 20 people in 2013, Adsterra grew to about 150 in 2020. Now they have a highly professional IT department, experienced account managers (many quit similar companies to work for Adsterra), a risk management and policy team, and other skilled employees.
Today Adsterra is a well-known brand with a good reputation and has been recognized by many bloggers and affiliates as one of the best adtech platforms in the industry. Adsterra offers a unique combination of innovative technology and human intelligence.
Adsterra is a premium advertising network which is serving over 25 billion geo-targeted ad impressions per month with 100K+ successful campaigns. It’s also a publishing platform for bloggers and web masters who want to earn money by placing their ads.
Currently, it is working with publishers and advertisers from over 248 different countries. They have well over 18,000 publishers in their network spread throughout the globe, and they’ve been expanding each year.
All in all, Adsterra is a better alternative to AdSense. It is also a great platform for people who want to advertise their ads to reach a wider audience.
How does Adsterra works?
Here’s how you can make money from your website’s traffic using Adsterra.
- Register a publisher account with Adsterra
- Place the ad code or script given on your blog or website
- Start making money with your blog or website traffic.
N.B. you can also create more ad codes with your desired features as given once your website or blog is approved. Don’t worry I will let you know all that you need to get your blog approved on Adsterra ad network.
But first let me tell you this; Adsterra has 2 accounts which are the Publishers accounts and the Advertisers account.
Publishers accounts are for those who want to make money by displaying adverts on their blogs/websites while advertisers accounts are for those who want to advertise their products, services etc.
Our Adsterra review is all about you making money on your blog/website with Adsterra ad network. So if you want to make money with Adsterra, you need to open a publishers account.
Now let’s continue with our review on Adsterra ad network…
Adsterra Ad Formats and Implementation
They offer a variety of different ad formats in varying sizes.
- Leaderboard display banners in 468×60, 728×90, and 320×50.
- Rectangle display ads in 300×250 and 800×440.
- Skyscraper vertical display banners in 160×300 or 160×600.
- Pop-under ads that open in new tabs or new windows without stealing focus.
- Direct link ads that show up in text and act like normal links.
- Pre-roll video ads to display before embedded videos on a publisher site.
- Push notification ads, available for both desktop and mobile platforms.
- Interstitial ads that pop over the screen, similar to timed pop-over lightbox ads.
- All ad formats are available for both desktop and mobile.
Adsterra works with thousands of different advertisers and publishers across the globe. They focus on both website advertising and mobile advertising for advertisers and publishers. Their main ad types include; CPM, CPA, CPC, CPO, CPI (PPI)
If your audience is larger but less engaged, you can still monetize them well with CPM ads.
Many people seem to go for their pop-under ads, since they are minimally intrusive, and their network demands a certain level of quality, so those ads tend to be valuable rather than spam. I also recommend trying out the push notification ads, the interstitial ads, and the video ads. Video ads tend to have high engagement, push notification ads can work very well for certain segments of users, and interstitials are highly visible.
Adsterra pop-under ads are highly recommended because they are the first and primary offering from the network. It’s what they specialize in, it’s what they’ve spent the most time optimizing, and it’s what their account managers are best at.
Adsterra publishers requirements
To join Adsterra publisher ad network you need to meet up the following requirements
- You must have content within your site (under construction sites, sites with no content are not eligible of course!)
- Your site should NOT have too many ads (i.e sites with 15+ banners and 5+ pops on single page are not approved)
- If your blog contents is written in another language other than English (i.e even if you’ve a spanish, yoruba or Hindi related blog) you can still apply and make money from Adsterra
- Adsterra has no restrictions in terms of traffic volume. They have recently changed their policies about traffic volume, and now accept even small websites.
With that being said, your website traffic volume doesn’t matter, as they will help you grow with them. What really matters for approving your website at Adsterra Network is your traffic quality.
Adsterra Publisher Restrictions
- No fake traffic allowed
- No traffic manipulation or traffic exchanges allowed
- No adult content, drug or other illegal content allowed
Adsterra Review: The Benefits of Using Adsterra Ad Network
- Instant income and HIGH CPM rates
The #1 reason why you need to consider Adsterra over other publishing platforms to monetize your sites is this: it provides you a ton of flexible options to monetize your traffic.
You can monetize your traffic from;
- Facebook pages
- How incredible is that?
If you’ve a popular Facebook page and want to use your fan engagement to monetize your efforts, you can easily do so with Adsterra. You can do the same thing with a website or blog. That’s the beauty of using Adsterra to make money online.
In a nutshell, you just need to place the code on your website, Facebook page or blog and make money every time visitor sees or clicks on the ad. It’s as simple as that.
Not only you can earn instant income with Adsterra network but you will also get the industry highest CPM rates. What is CPM rate, you may ask. Let me simplify it for you briefly.
Cost per thousand (CPM) denotes the price of 1,000 ad impressions on a webpage. If a website publisher charges $1 CPM, that means an advertiser must pay $1 for every 1,000 impressions of its ad.
Here’s where Adsterra pays the highest CPM rates to its publishers where you can monetize your every ad impression with 100% fill rates.
Example: If you get 10,000 visitors per day and total of 20,000 page views, and you are getting CPM rates of $2 then your earning can be – 20000/1000 = 20 CPM x $2 = $40 per day.
$40 a day i.e at an average $1200 a month from one single source like Adsterra is NOT a bad income at all. You just need to make sure that you have a high traffic website or Facebook page to earn more income every month.
- Wide range of ad formats
Adsterra offers a huge range of advertising options to help you earn more money from your visitors. Here are some of the popular ad formats offered by Adsterra.
- Popunder ads: These are the smart ads that usually appear hidden behind the main browser window and remain unnoticed until the main window is closed or minimized.
These ads are so powerful and helps you earn maximum from your ads and Adsterra offers RETARGETING with popunder ads, you won’t not find it anywhere but at Adsterra.
- Skyscraper ads: These are the evergreen ad formats which are perfect as an AdSense alternative and comes at a size of 160×300, 160×600 to give maximum visibility to your ads.
- Direct links: You don’t need to create banners or other promo materials. There is a link which is placed on any placement of publisher: banners, texts, videos etc. These directly links are sub-type of popunder ads.
- Display banners: Unlike text-based ads, display ads rely on images, audio and videos to communicate various ads.
Not only you can show ads for desktop users but you can also monetize your mobile based visitors because Adsterra provides you both desktop and mobile friendly ad formats.
Here’s how you can use Adsterra to set up ads in 3 simple steps.
Place Adsterra pixel on your site or blog
Provide your high converting landing pages and start making profits
Adsterra also offers the most popular banner sizes: 160600, 300250, 72890, 46860, 800440, 32050.
- They attract high quality advertisers
Adsterra uses retargeting to attract high quality advertisers to show ads your blogs, sites or Facebook pages.
If you are wondering about what retargeting is all about, let me clarify about it briefly.
Did you know that only 2 out of 100 of your website visitors convert on the first visit?
Too less, isn’t it? Here’s where retargeting comes into play. It’s an effective way of reaching out to the remaining 98% of website visitors who don’t convert right away.
Here’s how it basically works (designed by the team at Adsterra).
Retargeting feature allows you to earn more money from Adsterra ads and you will attract highly relevant and quality advertisers to show ads on your sites.
Basically, retargeting is a smart advertising feature that yields excellent results aka earnings.
- Absolute bliss for advertisers
As I said throughout the post, Adsterra is NOT only limited to publishers but also for advertisers.
Are you a marketer or product developer who is looking to increase your brand or product exposure? Adsterra can be your perfect choice.
You will get instant access to 10K+ direct publishers with Adsterra advertising platform. Simply plan, launch, manage, and analyze your advertising campaigns to increase your online exposure.
The minimum deposit for advertisers is $100.
So how to get started with Adsterra as an advertiser?
As an advertiser to get your ads published, you need to start bidding.
Adsterra basically offers various pricing models: CPM, CPA, CPL, CPO, CPI (PPI). CPM is considered as the most effective ad pricing model. All Advertisers submit their bids to place ads on Adsterra publishing platform. The impression goes to the highest bidder and their ad is served on the publisher’s page (i.e blog, website or Facebook page).
Once you have requested for a free consultation with Adsterra support team, you can make a deposit (the min. deposit is $100) right from your account using your credit card or via Paxum.
To process payment via other systems such as Webmoney, Bitcoin, wire, YandexMoney, you can contact your personal manager that comes upon your activation of account.
Adsterra usually offers “exclusive retargeting” with popunder ads for both mobile and desktop users. This method will reach your target audience non aggressively but very effectively.
You can also use display banners to showcase your ads using Adsterra ad platform.
The campaign includes;
- Pricing type
- Ad format
- Traffic type
- Pricing settings
- GEO Budget limits
- See how simple it is to set up an ad campaign using Adsterra platform?
Pros and Cons of Adsterra Ad network
I can’t wrap up a review without talking about its pros and cons and this Adsterra review post is no exception. Here are some of the pros and cons of Adsterra.
- It is one of the best Google AdSense alternatives.
- It offers both desktop and mobile ads (so you can increase your chance of earning more money from your website’s traffic).
- It provides a wide rage of ad display options: display banners, pop under ads, interstitials, text ads, slider ads etc.
- You can also monetize your popular Facebook pages (with high traffic) unlike AdSense.
- Adsterra offers a wide range of payment options: Bitcoin, Paypal, Wire transfer, Webmoney and Paxum
- Minimum payouts are really low: it’s only $5 for Webmoney and Paxum
- Adsterra has no restrictions in terms of traffic volume. What really matters for approving your website at Adsterra Network is your traffic quality
- If you’re an advertiser, Adsterra can give you the most effective ad formats to reach out to wider audience with a limited budget and their retargeting feature helps you connect with more customers within your industry.
- They offer 24-7 support
- They provide a 5% referral program
- They offer support in other languages
- They provide payments every two weeks
- You don’t need to verify your Identity or address, unlike AdSense that you need to verify your Identity and Address
- Although they have other types of ads that you can use, it’s not the best network if you are looking for something specific other than pop-unders
- The rates in other countries may be lower
Adsterra Payment Options
Adsterra offers multiple ways that you can pay, which makes it easy to use, no matter what processor you rely on.
Webmoney, Paxum: $5
Paypal, Bitcoin: $100
The payment fees and rules are as follows:
PayPal charge: 2-5 %
Webmoney charge: 1%
Wire: $50 for USD, $0 for EUR.
Bitcoin: Network fee is included
Adsterra customer support service
Adsterra is well-known for the great customer support that they provide to their publishers. They offered 24 seven round-the-clock support and a personal account manager dedicated to every publisher. No matter what your problem is or when it occurs, you will be able to get a hold of the Adsterra support team anytime you need them.
They have a ticket system which they usually respond to within a day. You can also use their email or contact them instantly through Skype. For non-English speakers, they also offer support services in other languages, however, they may not be available 24-7.
Is Adsterra Ad network legit?
Yes, they are legit.
How do I signup for Adsterra publisher account
To register for a publisher account click on the registration button below 👇
Conclusion on Adsterra Review
Adsterra is a good monetisation ad network for your blog, website or facebook page. Not only it offers a wide range of ad formats but it also gives you highest CPM rates to help you earn more money from your visitors. It provides high payments that are comparable to AdSense, which makes it a great alternative.
Why don’t you go ahead and signup for Adsterra publishers account now.
Thanks for reading my review on Adsterra, if you have any question or doubt, please feel free to use the comment box below.