Manchester United legend and US soccer club owner David Beckham has made a huge move to lure Manchester United star Cristiano Ronaldo to Inter Miami.
Beckham, who owns Inter Miami, has reportedly contacted Ronaldo’s representatives over a transfer from United.
According to The Sun UK, Ronaldo is interested in a switch.
As PUNCH reported on Monday, Ronaldo, in an explosive interview with Piers Morgan, said he felt betrayed by Man United and said he had no respect for manager Erik ten Hag.
Ronaldo, who further frustrated United’s owners, the Glazers, said there had been no improvement at the club since Sir Alex Ferguson left in May 2013.
Although United said in the interview that they are seeking legal advice before deciding on their next move, Ronaldo believes his time in Manchester is up.
While the drama is unfolding, Beckham has taken the opportunity to allow Ronaldo to go to Miami.
Beckham has previously mentioned that he would like to bring Argentine superstars Lionel Messi or Ronaldo to MLS, adding that Messi remains his top target.
Ronaldo, 37, is training in Lisbon with Portugal ahead of the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.
All rights reserved. This material and other digital content on this website may not be reproduced, published, transmitted, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without the prior written permission of PUNCH.
Contact: [email protected]